The Zambia Monitoring and Evaluation Association is an association of monitoring and evaluation practitioners, data managers, strategic information officers and everyone involved in the production and management of data in Zambia. It was established in 2014 with a mandate of promoting M&E practice in Zambia.
ZaMEA’S Refined Mandate
The focus of the association has also been strengthened in terms of its focus and the objectives:
- To represent members interest to relevant stakeholders including government and employers.
- To provide professional development and networking opportunities in M&E to members.
- To advocate for evidence-based policymaking and programming.
- To provide technical support and advisory services to members, government and other stakeholders in M&E related matters.
- To promote professional standards, ethics and sharing of best practices in monitoring and evaluation in Zambia
The situation analysis around ZaMEA has informed the selection of strategic objectives and interventions for ZaMEA 2020 – 2025 strategic plan. ZAMEA believes that M&E should:
- contribute to sustainable development;
- be rooted in Zambia’s tradition and practice; and
- be conducted with professional standard