The Rural Electrification Authority is a statutory body established pursuant to the enactment of the Rural Electrification Act No. 20 of the Laws of Zambia of 2003. One of the main functions of the Authority is to facilitate availability and access to electricity by all Zambians living in the rural areas by extending the national grid and/or through the installation of isolated grids using renewable energy sources such as mini-hydros, solar, wind and others.
The Rural Electrification Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to effectively manage its functions, the Authority wishes to recruit suitably qualified, self-motivated and experienced persons for the following position: –
SENIOR MONITORING AND EVALUATION OFFICER
1. ROLE IDENTIFICATION
Title of Position: Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Officer Department: Strategy and Planning
Grade: REA 4
Reports To: Manager – Strategic Management
Jobs Reporting: One (1)
Location: Head Office
2. PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
Support the Director Strategy and Planning and the Manager – Strategic Management in designing and developing logical frameworks and output, outcome and results-based monitoring system.
3. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develop the overall framework for required M&E systems, including key indicators, outputs, outcomes and impact.
2. Develop and implement M&E reporting guidelines and systems designed to inform the direction of rural electrification projects, perform data quality checks and propose strategies to increase data use among REA staff.
3. Support the Director Strategy and Planning and Manager – Strategic Management to conduct research, baselines (ex-ante), thematic evaluation, End of Project Evaluation (EoPE), Ex-post Evaluation and designing and periodic review of data collection tools.
- Support and provide guidance to REA staff M&E.
- Contribute to reporting and quality assurance reporting on outputs and results to the government and financiers, including developing monitoring systems in complex situations.
- Overall responsible for M&E on all assigned project(s) including monitoring data quality, outputs, results, and the sustainability of results.
- Participate in semi-annual and annual performance reviews as well as work planning and budget workshops/meetings and assist the Director Strategy and Planning in preparing the reports.
- Develop Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) plans for the projects and for the government counterpart / stakeholders.
- Support Director Strategy and Planning in facilitating any external supervision and evaluation missions and monitor the follow up of evaluation recommendations.
- Develop and strengthen Monitoring and Evaluation Procedures.
- REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS
a. Reports to:
Manager – Strategic Management
b. Other Jobs Reporting to (4a) above
Senior ICT Officer – REA 4
Senior Planning and Research Officer – REA 4
c. Number of level of subordinates: One (2)
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer – REA 5
Data Management Officer – REA 5
- KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
Education and attributes
i. Full Grade Twelve Certificate,
ii. Bachelor of Arts Degree in Social Work/ Business Management/ Economics/Demography or related discipline
iii. Member of Zambia Monitoring and Evaluation Association (ZaMEA)
iv. Must be aged between 30 and 40 years
5 years relevant in a reputable organization, preferably in a similar role with demonstrated capability in developing robust M&E frameworks
- Demonstrated capacity to use project M&E to advance strategic goals and provide data for decision-making;
- Skill in data quality assurance desired
- Excellent computer skills, including data software
- High analytical Skills
- Demonstrated capability in developing robust M&E frameworks
- Depth knowledge on MIS, monitoring and evaluation and development issues
Responsibility/span of control/people management
Managerial Breadth/Span of Control: Is directly in charge of one Monitoring and Evaluation Officer and Data Management Officer.
- Mostly office environment: minimal physical exertion very light work, mostly sedentary type of jobs with minimum requirement to visit a site or works. Possibility of injury when carrying out site inspections.
- Occupational Hazards: Job is performed in normal office environment where the degree of discomfort experience is negligible. The job is performed in a safe environment with insignificant hazards.
- Physical Effort: Mostly sedentary. However, job could also entail extensive traveling by road, resulting in physical strain/fatigue.
Freedom of action is within wide but broadly defined limits. The impact of decisions/recommendations may affect activities/operations for several months, either of a major function in units of the Authority. The work requires the interpretation of policies affecting major aspects of the Authority and there is need to select from a variety of courses of action in making decisions/recommendations on work plans and programmes affecting the function or units of the Authority. Normal guidance is available.
Communication/Human Relations Skills: Should be able to prepare detailed reports. Interact with a cross spectrum of employees such as Heads of Departments and Units/supervisors and co-workers.
Work complexity-physical effort, mental effort
Job involves carrying designing and developing logical frameworks with output, outcome and impact indicators as well as implementing results-based monitoring system paying serious attention to details monitoring as well as evaluation and development of issues.
Resource management-finance and material
High value of financial resources generated, controlled, impacts upon or utilized is high. The exercise of control, operation or over the utilization or protection of financial resources has a high impact on the financial position of the Authority.
Consequence of Error
Error may result in delays in important activities, projects or schedules.
Analytical/ Problem Solving
The role has high responsibility for analysis, planning, organization, direction, control of activities or operations units. The activities are usually homogeneous, and thinking is regulated by variable work procedures, rules and regulations, standards, normal supervision and other controls.
THE CLOSING DATE IS 26th JUNE 2020. KINDLY NOTE THAT NO HARD COPIES WILL BE ACCEPTED
Kindly note that the Rural Electrification Authority is an equal opportunity employer and women are equally encouraged to apply.
The Acting Manager – Human Resource and Administration Rural Electrification Authority
Plot No. 5033, Longolongo Road
Post Net Box 349, Private Bag E891, LUSAKA
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED. APPLICATIONS RECEIVED LATER THAN THE CLOSING DATE SHALL NOT BE CONSIDERED AND WILL BE DISPOSED OFF IN THE MANNER THE AUTHORITY DEEMS FIT.